What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi New member needs help

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad2 which has been great so far, but for the last couple of days the emails are taking forever to send.
receiving seems OK. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution?
I live in Cyprus where the wifi connections can be slow, but I don't think this is the problem
thanks for any advice

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jillimou said:
I have an Ipad2 which has been great so far, but for the last couple of days the emails are taking forever to send.
receiving seems OK. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution?
I live in Cyprus where the wifi connections can be slow, but I don't think this is the problem
thanks for any advice

Hello jillimou, You come from a place I would like to visit! regarding your specific outgoing email, you might want to go into your settings and check to make sure your outgoing service is set up properly.

Welcome to the Forum!

3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html

Matt

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Matt
Cyprus is extremely busy at the moment, and very hot! Much better in September or October.
Thanks for the info. Settings should be ok as everything has been working well until 2 days ago.
Mind you I am still learning about the IPad, so it may be something I am doing wrong.
Take care
Jill

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jill and welcome to the Forum!

Kalispera

You will find that incoming mail will download first and then any mail to be sent then has to wait until the incoming mail is finished downloading before it will be sent. Could this be what is happening?

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Leelai
Unfortunately it is happening when there is no in coming mail, but I have noticed that it takes much longer to send when the battery is only 50% charged. will keep searching the various threads in case I find something.
thanks for the advice.
Jill

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome. I don't really have anything informational to say, just welcoming, hehe. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jillimou said:
Hi Leelai
Unfortunately it is happening when there is no in coming mail, but I have noticed that it takes much longer to send when the battery is only 50% charged. will keep searching the various threads in case I find something.
thanks for the advice.
Jill

Okay, It might be an idea to close the mail app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, can you send a test email to someone to see if this has made a difference?

It's also an idea to restart your iPad occasionally - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. Now see if it is operating.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that was a lesson in all the basics that I didn't know about the iPad. Unfortunately despite closing all the apps by pressing the minus the emails to be sent are still showing as trying to send. I have re entered email accounts but still receiving ok and sending very slow. They do eventually go, but not immediately its sometimes five minutes wait or even ten
Jill

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jillimou said:
Well that was a lesson in all the basics that I didn't know about the iPad. Unfortunately despite closing all the apps by pressing the minus the emails to be sent are still showing as trying to send. I have re entered email accounts but still receiving ok and sending very slow. They do eventually go, but not immediately its sometimes five minutes wait or even ten
Jill

Yes those 2 steps I showed you above will serve you very well when your iPad misbehaves and are the first steps you should try when you do have a problem.

I'm not sure what's happening with your email, if they do eventually send then you must have the right settings. Do you have a graphic in your signature at all? as these can take some time to send depending on size.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the emails are just short replies to Clients' enquiries, just a couple of lines. These messages are obviously getting through to you, but of two I sent an hour and half ago one shows as sent the other not, but it's not in drafts either?
Jill

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jillimou said:
Most of the emails are just short replies to Clients' enquiries, just a couple of lines. These messages are obviously getting through to you, but of two I sent an hour and half ago one shows as sent the other not, but it's not in drafts either?
Jill

I'm going to move your thread to our Help Section which will get more eyes viewing this. I'll keep an eye on it also as I'm interested as to what may be causing this.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to give you an idea of the problem I replied to an email at 0806hrs our time, and it has just gone at 0832hrs.
I have tested the outgoing server by laptop, and all ok.
Jill

OP
J

jillimou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I just say a big thank you for all the advice, my problem regarding slow sending of emails has now been resolved. Having closed down everything the system seems to have cleared the problem
Jill

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jillimou said:
Can I just say a big thank you for all the advice, my problem regarding slow sending of emails has now been resolved. Having closed down everything the system seems to have cleared the problem
Jill

Well that's good to hear! Thanks for letting us know also....enjoy!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts