What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! Kathy here needs some help!

butchie1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem downloading a radio station on iPad Air, which tells me "Download Failed - Safari cannot download this file." I had no problem downloading it on the iPaid 2. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to get the radio station? Thanks for the help.

approveme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari on the iPad does not have the ability to download files. The reason for this is that the iPad itself does not give the user access to a normal file system for file storage as you have on a Mac or Windows computer and so there is nowhere to "save" the downloaded file.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Safari will download many file types, and let you view or listen to them. It does not store the file permanently. To do that you need to choose the Open In option when the file is displayed and pick a compatible app to store the file.

Most reactions

Latest posts