Hi just a quickie!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by martyb, Sep 8, 2011.

1. martyb

martyb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought two ipad 2's yesterday for work (and a bit of play).

Is it possible to rename photo collections and change there order of display?

It seems once iv transferred the desired images through iTunes I can't do much with them from the iPad itself.

Anyone got any ideas ... I'm a silly newbie!

Mart
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    This can only be done on your PC if you intend to use the native iPad Photos app. Third party apps - of which there are several free ones - don't suffer from this restriction. Have a look at the (free) Adobe apps.

Tim
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +860 / 0
    Hi Mart - welcome to the forum! :)

Yep, the native Photo app for the iPad is pretty limited - image folders can be sync via iTunes & saved (or taken) images are placed in the 'Camera Roll' - just a few other basic options.

I've added a couple of programs that can be reviewed in the Apple App store - these are Photogene (allows editing - I use the program mainly to crop & resize images that I bring in from my digital camera) & Photo-Sort (allows somewhat better organization features) - certainly other apps exist for these purposes and hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ their comments.

Also, this issue has been widely discussed here so some searching may be useful - good luck!
  4. martyb

martyb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your prompt responses, I will research some adobe / third party apps as suggested.

I am a sash windows salesman and want to arrange photos into particular albums relating to services I offer.

Presenting potential customers with an iPad slideshow will be slick ( maybe too slick for some )

But image quality 'on screen' is far superior to prints and it's Eco friendly with no ink required ;-)
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Let us know how you get on - it's great if you post your experiences as it can be of enormous help to other Members.

Tim