What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi just a quickie!

martyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought two ipad 2's yesterday for work (and a bit of play).

Is it possible to rename photo collections and change there order of display?

It seems once iv transferred the desired images through iTunes I can't do much with them from the iPad itself.

Anyone got any ideas ... I'm a silly newbie!

Mart

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This can only be done on your PC if you intend to use the native iPad Photos app. Third party apps - of which there are several free ones - don't suffer from this restriction. Have a look at the (free) Adobe apps.

Tim

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mart - welcome to the forum! :)

Yep, the native Photo app for the iPad is pretty limited - image folders can be sync via iTunes & saved (or taken) images are placed in the 'Camera Roll' - just a few other basic options.

I've added a couple of programs that can be reviewed in the Apple App store - these are Photogene (allows editing - I use the program mainly to crop & resize images that I bring in from my digital camera) & Photo-Sort (allows somewhat better organization features) - certainly other apps exist for these purposes and hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ their comments.

Also, this issue has been widely discussed here so some searching may be useful - good luck!

OP
martyb

martyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt responses, I will research some adobe / third party apps as suggested.

I am a sash windows salesman and want to arrange photos into particular albums relating to services I offer.

Presenting potential customers with an iPad slideshow will be slick ( maybe too slick for some )

But image quality 'on screen' is far superior to prints and it's Eco friendly with no ink required ;-)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how you get on - it's great if you post your experiences as it can be of enormous help to other Members.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts