What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm PapaSue

papasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad today. I have had Apple's since 1980 and now I have a Mac mini running SnowLeopard in addition to my iPad. I'm long retired and have a craft blog where I teach and share designs for digital cutters using Inkscape.

We travel and I wanted the iPad to read, draw and communicate while traveling. I'm a little frustrated with the iPad and the moment and hope to find answers here.

PapaSue

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi PS.
I've found the iPad to be a great travelling companion but I suspect vector graphics will really be beyond the capabilities of the machine. However there are a lot of knowledgable people on these forums, so fire away with your questions and hopefully someone will have the answer for you.

OP
P

papasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used a Mac since before it was launched and I have never used an iPod or an iTouch so I found the icons, interface and lack of options frustrating. Also since it is so tuned to Music and Video's which I'm not into plowing into them all the time was frustrating....i'm old and crotchety, with dim vision.:)

But, I've downloaded the 150 page iPad UGuide ($kaching), the Sketchpad Pro ($kaching) and have now:

*synched my 2 mail boxes and their contacts and my bookmarks
*got two free books from Amazon for the Kindle app
*created a sketch in SketchpadPro, emailed it to myself in PDF and turned it into an .svg file
*synched Bento to the Bento for iPad and now have my data from it

It is still awkward for me to use buy I'm getting there and liking my iPad more and more. It won't replace my desktop but I'll have plenty to play with when I travel.

I'll be watching this forum as I need and will contribute as I learn...it's my thing to teach.

Thanks for the welcome so far.

PapaSue

Most reactions

Latest posts