Hi, I'm flibgit

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by flibgit, Oct 18, 2012.

1. flibgit

flibgit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there. I'm flibgit. Well, I have another name, but let's just stick with "flibgit" until we're better acquainted. I live in northern Wisconsin with my husband, dogs, cats, and kids.

I'm a diehard apple fan, that is starting to slip away to the Windows world due to finances. However, I'm in the market for a tablet pc that I can use to revise novels and I think the ipad is the way to go. I'll be poking around the forums and reading up on it, but maybe you can tell me if what I want to do is feasible with an ipad. :)

I currently print out my manuscripts multiple times and scribble all over them during the revision process. What I'd like to do is use a stylus and a tablet/slate to mark up/annotate an electronic version instead of killing a billion trees with each novel I finish. While it would be nice to be able to have my annotations converted to text directly in my document, I'm okay with saving the annotated copy as a PDF and then going back to my computer and entering the changes in my document (the same way I enter the changes now). What's the best way to accomplish my objective?

I'll also be using the tablet as my primary ereader, some email, and web-browsing, but I'm pretty sure any tablet can do that. At least I would hope so

Thanks for your help, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future.
  2. deoabe

deoabe iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    welcome :)
  3. flibgit

flibgit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! :)