What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I think I need you all! Hugs!

wicksie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good afternoon! Had my iPad for a few months, and I can certainly do a commercial! I soo love it! I even help the kids do presentations on keynote app, as well as watch tv, games, read, Skype....the list goes on!
I did the latest iOS 6 and have noticed my sound is off on the games, typing, and on one tv channel. I STILL have sound on music, video/movies. I have tried the 4 finger push thing to bring up the master sound on bottom, it is up full. I have holding the home button and sliding the off at the same time...didn't see the apple come back on. Had to re-start my self. So I guess it did nt reset?
The sound on the games isn't important to me....just to the kids...lol, but the one tv channel I'd like to hear...any ideas,
please? Thanks, hugs!:)

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. When you try 'hold both buttons' trick you have to wait a while for it to reset. The usual suggestion is at least 10 seconds.

If you waited that long, I don't have another suggestion. However, there are lots of helpful members here -you may become one of them- and I'm sure you'll get more help if you need it.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
Hi and welcome. When you try 'hold both buttons' trick you have to wait a while for it to reset. The usual suggestion is at least 10 seconds.

If you waited that long, I don't have another suggestion. However, there are lots of helpful members here -you may become one of them- and I'm sure you'll get more help if you need it.

You should hold both buttons until the Apple logo reappears, then you can let go. If this doesn't seem to make a difference, go to settings and make sure that sound is turned on for the apps you are using. Let us know how you are doing.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
W

wicksie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
You should hold both buttons until the Apple logo reappears, then you can let go. If this doesn't seem to make a difference, go to settings and make sure that sound is turned on for the apps you are using. Let us know how you are doing.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

I got it! The orientation slider is also a mute button! So even though I had sound up high, the button was showing red.

Most reactions

Latest posts