What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi!I need help!

JCGDS498

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is I have enough money to buy the Ipad3 but I have to wait a month to buy it, I can buy the iPad2 now, but i dont know if thats stupid...

I
want it to use the 3g, watch movies and play games like Infinity Blade;):)

tell me what to buy. I think ill buy the Ipad2 cause its cheaper than the Ipad3

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dude you gotta make your own mind up. Of course the iPad 3 is better than the iPad 2 so if money isn't a problem then get the newest one. Something else to consider is that the iPad 2 is only available in the 16GB version that I know of and that just is not big enough storage for me. Good luck.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my suggestion. Make a list of pros and cons about each iPad model. Decided which one is the one that best suits your wants and needs. I have the iPad2 32GB. It suits me perfectly. Pick what will suit you best. Good Luck!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to help you out..keep saving until you can buy the three.

Last edited:

Ausexpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy the iPad 3 ( whatever). The retina display alone is worth the extra cost. I love the new model and the minor extra weight is not noticeable. Then buy the iPhoto ap. It is a delight.

Last edited:

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only you can decide and that decision depends critically on how tight your budget is and what you need (want) out of your iPad. I have a 2 and a 3. I didn't have to pay for the 3 with my own money. The 3 is better, but I would have been really upset if I had spent my own money on a tight budget for the difference in the two. I love my 3, but IMHO, you can get a lot of bang for your buck with the 2.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the ipad 2 in cash and than charge for the ipad 3. Bring them both home and try them out before your return date expires.

There you go, than you can have the pleasure of trying both out! ;)

Just made your decision easier for you, right?

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with mickeylittle, whatever you decide on I would say the 16gb ipad2 is too small unless you will just surf the net.

I haven't got the game you mention but if it's anything like a couple I have (asphalt and air supremacy) it'll have nearly a gig footprint on it's own...

As posted before apps are increasing in size to take advantage of the iPad 3's screen so whilst 16gb a year ago was fine (I had the wifi one) it's a struggle now - my husband now has that one but he mostly uses it for surfing so it's ok for him.

Most reactions

Latest posts