What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi - help with Special Ed Apps

Debblalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a special education teacher and I am trying to locate apps for my elementary aged students with reading difficulties. Primarily phonics games or things of that nature that would be geared for a 5th grader (boys). Any help would be appreicated! :eek:

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could check TIES in Minnesota. They specifically supply school software and have been been around since 1967.

"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also there is an educational section to the Forum with lots of threads on related topics...

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Pink Sparkles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an app that lets kids practice writing the letters. If they do not trace it correctly, the app makes them try again.
I haven't found as many phonics apps as math apps, but there are a few. Put "phonics" in the app search and quite a bit will turn up. There is a phonics bingo game on there that was free that two students can play.

Most reactions

Latest posts