What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, Got the thing (iPad2) HELP!

avon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Introducing myself: Alan - bought an Ipad 64gB, 3G + WiFi recently and been having problems with establishing a WiFi connection with either my iPhone3 with latest IOS (personal hotspot) or my Motorola Blur 3G (3G Hotspot). Why do I want to WiFi connect - its all about the plan I am on.

I don't have a land-line at home, so I use the iPhone to provide mobile broadband to my PC - via the personal hotspot, no problems. I would also like to WiFi the iPad2 so I can use the more generous plan that I have with the iPhone. To eliminate the iPhone as a potential problem (Apple paranoia) I have also tried my MotoBlur - same problem.

Problem: iPad2 finds network but refuses to connect after asking me for a user name and PW.

Any ideas please?

Alan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Introducing myself: Alan - bought an Ipad 64gB, 3G + WiFi recently and been having problems with establishing a WiFi connection with either my iPhone3 with latest IOS (personal hotspot) or my Motorola Blur 3G (3G Hotspot). Why do I want to WiFi connect - its all about the plan I am on.

I don't have a land-line at home, so I use the iPhone to provide mobile broadband to my PC - via the personal hotspot, no problems. I would also like to WiFi the iPad2 so I can use the more generous plan that I have with the iPhone. To eliminate the iPhone as a potential problem (Apple paranoia) I have also tried my MotoBlur - same problem.

Problem: iPad2 finds network but refuses to connect after asking me for a user name and PW.

Any ideas please?

Alan

One problem that has afflicted many iPad users is that the iPad defaults to auto capitalisation and, if your password is all lower case, it will capitalise the first letter, probably without you noticing! So re-enter the password and see if it's doing that - if it is you'll have to press the shift key before you enter the first letter of your password to cancel the upper case.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on...

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
avon7 said:

Any ideas please?

Alan

First of all, welcome to our friendly iPad forum all the way from UK

Secondly, help will come your way, either fast or slow, depending on whether they are awake or asleep - international users

Lastly, lucky you to get my perfect iPad for the future, you will get an answer soon, our two moderators are on line so will get to you soon

Enjoy your iPad

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
One problem that has afflicted many iPad users is that the iPad defaults to auto capitalisation and, if your password is all lower case, it will capitalise the first letter, probably without you noticing! So re-enter the password and see if it's doing that - if it is you'll have to press the shift key before you enter the first letter of your password to cancel the upper case.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on...

Tim

Aw shucks Tim beat me to it this time!

OP
A

avon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if that response sounded a bit abrupt - thanks for the quick responses - awesome! BTW, when I first took the iPad into my office, it instantly connected to the office router......

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it is already asking for a user name and password, then the security method is set. If the method is wrong the connection will fail. Try selecting the network and forgetting it in Settings >> Wi-Fi >> Network name, then connect again using the right security protocol. The iPhone uses WPA 2. No idea what the Motorola Blur uses.

Most reactions

Latest posts