What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone!

rachael.cherie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really new to the apple world, I have an ipad 1 32gb (not sure if it matters) but my school website is only compatible with internet explorer 7, 8, 9, or firefox 7. It won't work with google chrome, safari, or any others. Is is completely impossible to get internet explorer 7, 8, 9, or firefox on this version of the ipad? :(

Thank you for your help!!
Rachael.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Rachael - welcome to the forum! :)

As Marilyn has already explained, you may be out of luck, certainly for browsers that you state are needed - sorry :(

But I was thinking whether a 'remote desktop app' might work - not sure? But I have Splashtop Remote Desktop on my iPad2 (Click HERE) - programs are needed on both your iPad & your computer (I'm using my VISTA laptop) - but I currently have Firefox opened on my laptop and connected via my iPad - check out the screen capture attached - basically shows my laptop's desktop w/ Firefox opened to your question - now will this work for you in connecting to your school's website? Not sure but may be worth a try? I'd love to hear from others who may have used this as a possible solution? Good luck!

LaptopCapture.PNG

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But there is a solution. The third party browser app, iCab, can 'pretend' to be any one of those browsers, so there's not a problem. Download that app, go to the app's settings, and select the browser type you want to 'pretend' to be.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts