What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi everyone

njlisaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and I would like to say hello.I love my Ipad but I am still learning how to use it.I do need help though. I can not get Safari to open.I am also having problems with connecting to WiFi.It's very frustrating !!!
I can use some help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and I would like to say hello.I love my Ipad but I am still learning how to use it.I do need help though. I can not get Safari to open.I am also having problems with connecting to WiFi.It's very frustrating !!!
I can use some help.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I was sorry to hear of the problem you are having too. So I will move this thread to the Forum Help section, where you might receive a better response. You say you are having trouble connecting to WiFi. Can you see the WiFi 'fan' icon on the Menu bar at the top left hand corner of the screen? If so, how many 'bars' are displayed in the fan?

You say, too, that you are having 'trouble' opening Safari. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. When you touch the Safari icon in the Home screen dock at the bottom does Safari open up or are you suggesting that this does not happen - or perhaps it opens and then immediately closes. One solution to many iPad problems is to 'power recycle' the iPad by completely turning it off. You do this by pressing and holding the Power button until a slider control appears on the screen. Slide the control to agree to turn off the iPad. It then takes a few seconds for the iPad to power down. When the screen has gone completely blank, switch it on again by pressing and holding the Power switch until the white Apple logo appears. Then it takes several seconds to power up. Once you've powered up, see if the problem still persists. But get back to us and let us know what happens.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
N

njlisaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, Thanks for the nice welcome.I should have explained the wifi issue better.I get it at home and in the parking lot at work.When I am in work I get the wireless on the network screen but I am unable to connect.We have a password and I am unable to enter it.When the box comes up to enter it I use the keyboard after typing in one letter the join button goes from black to grey.
The Safari icon is there. When I hit it nothing happens the screen is blank.I tried restoring it but still no Safari.I am so frustrated.
Thanks for your help,
Lisa

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts