What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Everyone! I'm on my 2nd iPad

Grumbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm from London and I got my first iPad back in June 2010 after I had it imported from the States. I absolutely loved the thing and it was a huge aid to my revision for finals that summer. Unfortunately when I started work in July a little disaster happened:

My first day at work and things were going great. I got on with every one in the office and showed off my iPad a bit but didn't really make much use of it. When the day finished I picked up my things and left to my car. I had so many things to carry! Coat, laptop, iPad, Car Keys (bit of a mess really). Well when I got to my car I had to put some things down to get in. Well I decided I'd put my 3G 64gb £700 iPad on the roof of my car so I could free myself up. What I didn't know is that I would forget that I had left it there...

Needless to say I drove off with the thing on the roof of the car. 3 minutes into the drive and I heard a big clunk and thought I'd hit something on the road. I looked in the mirrors and couldn't see a thing and decided to carry on. It wasn't until 10 minutes later when I got home that I realised that something had happened! I drove back immediately and checked the route 4 times before I gave up and assumed it lost/stolen :(

So that's my little story to share. I'm now on the forum because I have bought my SECOND iPad! 32gb 3G this time.

Hi everyone :)

OP
G

Grumbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe thanks, I'll be honest there have been some close shaves. I really need to get my act together and stop losing things! Contents insurance won't cover me anymore... lol?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Lol in all honesty, thats why i bought my Ipad from a source other than the apple store. The warranties offered by 3rd parties (even if you pay a little more) are better than apple care. For example: on my ipad warranty, if its lost or stolen, they replace it free.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same purchase protection on all purchases my credit card as well, which effectively doubles the warranty period on the device as well as purchase protection against damage, lost or theft.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had to buy a second one because other members of the family kept taking it............

Most reactions