What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi def or not?

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the hi def version of "Justified season 2" from iTunes.
iTunes is downloading the hi def and low def versions.
This will take up almost all of my iPad memory. I do not want the low def version. What do you recommend? Please help!!!!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always use the HD versions but if space is a problem then you may have to go with the low res.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the hi def version of "Justified season 2" from iTunes.
iTunes is downloading the hi def and low def versions.
This will take up almost all of my iPad memory. I do not want the low def version. What do you recommend? Please help!!!!

Are you downloading direct to your iPad over WiFi or via your PC? If you're downloading directly to the iPad, then you can simply delete the low definition movie. If you're doing this via a sync operation with your PC and have downloaded the movie to the PC initially, then simply delete the low definition version before you sync your iPad and then only the high definition version will be uploaded.

Tim

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I did download to my PC.
How do I delete the low def down load?
I paused the download for low def but it is still waiting to be downloaded every time I go to iTunes.
I did not buy the low def, why is iTunes trying to down load it?
This is a good example of why I can not feel good about how Apple operates,

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow...no answers after four months?

You should be able to remove any app you don't want from your Apps list in iTunes. Open iTunes and click on Apps in the left-hand column. See if both versions aren't listed there. If so, pick the one you don't want and control or right-click on it and click "Delete". That should do it.

If not have a look at the apps listed for your iPad. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes, click on your iPad in the left-hand column and click on the Apps tab at the top of the page. Under apps locate the app(s). You can use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of iTunes. Are both listed there? If so, uncheck the one you don't want.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts