What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi and a question about FaceTime activation

svarup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the iPad and new to this forum.
I have a question regarding FaceTime. When entering my Apple ID i get a message that says 'could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again'
I think my network connection is fine as I can receive Mail and serve the net and my Apple ID works fine at the app store so why not in FaceTime?

Hope you're all having fun with your iPads!

Cheers, Svarup :confused:

Reaction score
Two things to consider:
a) FaceTime only works over Wifi. It won't work over 3g
b) each iOS device needs their own FaceTime account. So if you where to also use FaceTime on an iPhone, you would need to setup a new account for the iPad.

Let me now, if this helps.

OP
S

svarup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that was fast!
However - I'm using it with WiFi and I do not have FaceTime in my iPhone.
Any other hint maybe?

Reaction score
Ok, the problem might lie elsewhere than.

Would you close FaceTime, by entering the Multitaskbar (pressing the home button twice), and then pressing on FaceTime, until it starts to wiggle, finally press on the red circle.

Afterwards, go to Settings->FaceTime

Now either, you are presented with a view asking you to Enter Apple ID, or it says You can be reached for video calls at:

If it is the first, try entering your account again and ensure, that the password is capitalized correctly, some users have reported that the password gets autocapitalized. If this doesn't help, you could try setting up a new account.

OP
S

svarup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot activate FaceTime

Hi thanks again.
So I closed Facetime, made the icon wiggle, clicked on the red circle with the "-" in it, went to settings, made sure my password is not auto-capitalized and tried to log-on - unfortunately same message again.

The part that was not 100% clear to me is the double-press on the home button as it either takes me into search mode or 'lifts' up the desktop and makes all icons on it appear in light grey...???

I was unable to create a new account as Apple tells me that I already have one...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am in New Zealand and my account is Australian..?

Most reactions

Latest posts