What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

duckydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.daneveland.com
Hey there. I am a web developer who has been trying for about 6 months to switch to using my iPad exclusively for my work. For a while the tools really have not been up to the task, but now they are. With things like iSSH and VNC Viewer I can do everything I need with it. It's a fantastic platform, one that has me as excited as my Macs used to, and even more excited than my Newtons made me.

In September I got laid off after 21 years with a company. Three days later my third child was born. So, I needed to either get a job or start my own business. I went for the latter, and have been thrilled with the results. But, this has caused my wife to have to do some freelance work as well, and we home-school our two older kids... so, my time is stretched quite a bit. Being in an office is not really an option, as I need to give attention to the kids while the read or if they have questions.

The iPad has been perfect. I can sit down anywhere, including a couch, in the from yard under a tree, or in the back yard next to the pool, and do my work. The iPad combined with cloud servers and storage means I can literally work from anywhere I can get WiFi or a 3G signal.

Since we are doing well, and my work on the iPad pays the bills (quite well, thank God), I decided to invest in another one, and upgraded to the iPad 2. I love it so far. Very fast. noticeably zippier and does not bog down when switching apps quickly.

Anyway, that's my iPad story. I'm 44 years old and the iPad makes me feel the same way as I did in 1984 exploring my Mac 128k.

I truly feel this is the best computing device I have ever owned.

The possibilities are endless!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, Ducky!

To change your avatar go up top middle of forum and click on User CP ~ then left click on Edit Avatar. :)

If you need further help come back!

Most reactions

Latest posts