What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey people

droplick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just going to say a quick hi and say why i'm here.

So, hi and the more I think about iPads the more I think I need (want) one! Still trying to see the need for one over a laptop...

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So, hi and the more I think about iPads the more I think I need (want) one! Still trying to see the need for one over a laptop...

For some people a lap top is necessary, for others the iPad is a perfiect substitute.

I find the iPad easier to carry then a lap top, and for my needs it works perfect. I have an iMac, an Airport, and an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. I use a little hospital type stand my wife got when when had some surgery for use while in bed. For me it's perfect.

However to someone who is in corporate business the iPad may seem more like a toy then a useful tool. So it really depends on one's needs. I use it to moderate my forums, use my calendar, play a little pinball and do a little bowling. :) This morning I used it to click on the Weather Channel app to see what the heck that loud noise was outside (straight winds).

I also use it for gTalk and social media. So in my situation it's better then a lap top. YMMV according to your own needs.

OP
D

droplick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think I see it as a toy at the moment... but I do like toys haha and I think the keyboard plays a big part of it, you can get a blue-tooth one right? I do most of my work online so would need a keyboard.

Reaction score
You can get a Bluetooth keyboard, Apple Wireless, or Zaggmate being the prominent ones.

Or even use a USB keyboard via the camera connection kit. My Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 works just fine with the iPad, disregarding the size of it :D

OP
D

droplick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know, just have to save up a bit more now to get one... will be easier carrying one of these around rather than my 17" laptop!

OP
D

droplick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not really, i never win anything anyway, it was a bit of humor. Does however look like a poor attempt. Sorry

OP
D

droplick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your previous replies though. Now I know that you can get pretty much any keyboard to use with it I think i'll just buy one rather than trying my luck.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

For some people a lap top is necessary, for others the iPad is a perfiect substitute.

I find the iPad easier to carry then a lap top, and for my needs it works perfect. I have an iMac, an Airport, and an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. I use a little hospital type stand my wife got when when had some surgery for use while in bed. For me it's perfect.

However to someone who is in corporate business the iPad may seem more like a toy then a useful tool. So it really depends on one's needs. I use it to moderate my forums, use my calendar, play a little pinball and do a little bowling. :) This morning I used it to click on the Weather Channel app to see what the heck that loud noise was outside (straight winds).

I also use it for gTalk and social media. So in my situation it's better then a lap top. YMMV according to your own needs.

@hookbill Not all though. My wife is an IT manager and she uses the iPad2 (with MyPCToGo) to do everything she normally does at her desk at work from home or on the road. And more and more business applications are being written every day.

Most reactions

Latest posts