What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey all

dave.morton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm new here and haven't gotten my ipad yet. Any info on which one I should buy would be appreciated.. I would use it mostly for net, email, and pages. I don't know how much memory I should get.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The answer is to get the most you can afford. I have a 16gb unit and it is plenty for me. The thing that takes up the most space on an iPad are videos. A full length feature film is at least 1-1.5gb or even more.

I have over 800 songs (about 3 days worth!), 640 photos, 71 applications and about 40 books and I still have over 5gb left.

The other thing to decide is WiFi only or 3g? WiFi connections are (usually) free but you can only connect when you are at home (if you have a wireless router) or are at a "hot spot" and 3g will give you Internet access (almost) anywhere for a monthly fee.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Like C4 said, it all boils down to personal preferance and what you can afford. I would recommend doing a little research before you finally decide, if you have an apple store near you, you could stop in and ask them some questions as well. Very helpful people.

Welcome to the forum! And I hope you enjoy your stay.

Most reactions

Latest posts