What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hero of Sparta HD

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gameloft has an iPad version of Hero of Sparta. It's pretty other than much the same game as on the iPhone but if you are like me and need a good blood and guts fix then this is the game is for you.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played the iPhone demo, and I rather liked it. It looked pretty good in x2, and the game controls weren't too bad.

Are the controls in the iPad version really better?

OP
Gremlin

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some minor tweaks but it's pretty much the same game. I only played the game for a short time so I don't what new things were added. The pixel doubling did bug me but if it doesn't bother save some money and stick to the iPhone version.

OP
Gremlin

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did play the game, and there is not much of a difference, other than better resolution. I only did the first level so I don't know if GameLoft added more levels. From what I seen it looks like the same game just not so pixilated.

Last edited:

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone version was free yesterday (thanks to AppAdvice on the heads up). Had no problems with the pixel doubling....obviously graphics would be better if it was the Ipad version. Anyway, for me this just seemed boring. This genre has been beaten to death and with the virtual WASD and the garden variety hack 'n slash virtual stick.....just didn't do it for me.

OP
Gremlin

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally need a good hack 'n slash fix once in a while, but thats just me. The version you have is most likely Hero of Sparta Lite, which is more than fine for most people. The Full iPhone Hero of Sparta will cost you $1.99. Pixel doubling does bug me more than most people, so forking up $6.99 was no big deal. If you are willing to wait a bit the price of the game will most likely drop.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.......Don't think it was the lite version.....as I alluded to, AppAdvice (which is an app BTW) gives people the heads up on free apps that normally pay apps. Seems like developers will offer their games free for a day or two and then they go back to regular price. I've picked off a couple that way. Anyway, I agree that hack and slash is necessary to the gaming diet. I just happen to be full :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The full version of Hero of Sparta for iPhone was free yesterday for a short while, as part of Gameloft's anniversary celebration.

OP
Gremlin

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might have to get the AppAdvice app to get a heads up on then latest sales.

Most reactions

Latest posts