What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heresy - will it run ppt, xls and doc?

andipandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry all you mac lovers, but my work insists on me using a windows PC. I'm in love with the pad though and would like to know:

Can I run and edit powerpoint, xls and word docs on it without losing all the formatting completely?
Can you get a cable that allows it to project to a standard projector? :confused::confused:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't found an office solution yet that doesn't have some formatting quirks.

I use Pages and Keynote as well as DocstoGo, but in reality Docs2Go isn't a very polished experience.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with the iPad is... that it is made by Apple. And what is Apple's claim to fame? Computers! For this reason, some people think the iPad is just some sort of re-packaged laptop in tablet form. It isn't.

The iPad is what some refer to as a "consumption device", made for "consuming" content like movies, books and of course, music. While there are literally thousands of apps for iDevices, they still do not allow the iPad (iPod or iPhone) to completely mimic the functionality of a full-fledged computer. Even though jailbreaking will give you access to more apps and much greater flexibility and control over your iPad, it is still a consumption device at the end of the day, albeit a more powerful one.

As far as things stand now, if you just gotta have the full functionality of the MS Office Suite, a laptop / netbook might be the better way to go.

As far as the video cable, I am still searching for one. I know they exist, I just haven't found it yet. I am considering putting together an 'iPad 101" class for my local library and would love to be able to mirror my iPad's screen through a projector.

Most reactions

Latest posts