What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's why iPad internet surfing suck - Another Opinion

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with the iPad as a web surfing device. That was one of the main reasons I wanted an iPad... I like to check a few web sites throughout the day but didn't like having to take my laptop in/out of suspension. With the iPad it's instant on, check some web sites, then instant off.

Of course that instant access doesn't include me having to manually connect to wifi after powering on or having to manually reconnect the wifi when it randomly disconnects after a few minutes of surfing, but the wifi connectivity issues should be addressed in the next patch.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say Im VERY happy with my web browsing. I have a 17 inch HP desktop replacement notebook running 7 and 8 GB of ram sitting next to me on the bed, and I'm using the iPad because it works just as good and loads pages quite quickly, but is more comfortable on my lap.

Matthew, Im really thinking there's a problem with your wifi that's specific to your network or your iPad, because those speeds aren't typical, and your having some real issues with lag that most others don't seem to be having.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can connect to either...right now mine connects to N

Is your N router configured for mix mode though?
You mean does it broadcast both?

Every G and above router has the ability to run in mixed mode, or native mode. This means that in mixed mode it runs in a backwards compatible state (b/g/n) signals which is slower. You can configure it to run only in N mode, which basically will tell you if the iPad has N for sure. I used to run my Airport Extreme in N only mode when there were only N compatible cards in the house.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh it has both. My router broadcasts both G and N channels. So my router technically has two SSIDs - Matthew-N and Matthew-G.

Most reactions