What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's why iPad internet surfing suck - Another Opinion

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually believe that surfing the web is great on the iPad.. In my house it's as fast as my MacBook pro.. And when I'm out and about and using 3G from AT&T it's still pretty fast..

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree wholehearted epb.
There's an honest mistake and there's native stupidity.

Like the guy who loaded those thousands of books on his iPad. What did he expect?
You don't mix concrete in the back of your wife's car........

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually believe that surfing the web is great on the iPad.. In my house it's as fast as my MacBook pro.. And when I'm out and about and using 3G from AT&T it's still pretty fast..

The connections are as fast but the renderings are slow as hell. So if it's as fast as your MacBook that just tells me that your MacBook is slow as hell too.;)

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The connections are as fast but the renderings are slow as hell. So if it's as fast as your MacBook that just tells me that your MacBook is slow as hell too.;)

Well that actually may be the case too, after thinking about it I realized that my unibody MacBook at my office does work so much faster than my MacBook pro at home.. :confused:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are alternatives to Safari on the iPad. However, I have never had any issues other than the few sites that refuse to support anything not MS. Usually it is someone likes a particular browser and do not like having to learn another one. Most times my connection speeds are decent, but there are those times when it sucks. I have a tendency to say that it has more to do with the backbone system, not the local components.

Last edited:

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are alternatives to Safari on the iPad. However, I have never had any issues other than the few sites that refuse to support anything not MS.

I actually got hosed with that recently. I was happily monitoring my departments productivity via web client with the iPad, and a week after I got it they performed an upgrade; now the client only works with IE 6! I can't complain since the iPad is my personal device. No browser app I've tried can render the thing properly since the update. :mad:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine renders pages pretty instantly...at least as fast as my 8 core 10GB ram Mac Pro....

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then it's an issue with Safari and your 8 core wouldn't make a difference. Because I can load a page INSTANTLY on my desktop and scroll to any single part of the page with no issue. When loading the forum on my iPad it loads but 75% of the screen is gray until you hover over that particular area.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then it's an issue with Safari and your 8 core wouldn't make a difference. Because I can load a page INSTANTLY on my desktop and scroll to any single part of the page with no issue. When loading the forum on my iPad it loads but 75% of the screen is gray until you hover over that particular area.

I guess im more patient and dont mind waiting an extra millisecond.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those saying that the iPad has equal surfing power to your desktop here:

There are one of two scenarios here - either the iPad's WiFi is garbage or the Speedtest app is garbage.

I get .91MB/s download speed on my iPad.

I get 8MB/s download speed on my desktop using the same WiFi connection.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those saying that the iPad has equal surfing power to your desktop here:

There are one of two scenarios here - either the iPad's WiFi is garbage or the Speedtest app is garbage.

I get .91MB/s download speed on my iPad.

I get 8MB/s download speed on my desktop using the same WiFi connection.

I think you mean 8Mb/sec (megaBIT not megabyte, hell of difference :) )

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wired Desktop

photo.jpg

Wireless iPad

iPad is slightly slower...but its because its wifi which adds a degree of latency.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts