What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here’s another one! Junk.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well Dave. Think I’m going to have to wait for Apple to fix it. I looked at that blog on the link you sent me and all sorts of people are having trouble with this issue.
I’ve looked and tapped on everything you and I have and no
“Mark as not Junk” is visible anywhere. Just weird.
Are you anywhere near Deptford, NJ?? Probably not!
Thanks just the same.....Ken

Wife & I live in Winston Salem, North Carolina although I'm originally from southern Michigan, but I do have a NJ connection - she was born in Newark, grew up there and in Short Hills - we actually met at the U of Michigan in Ann Arbor - made a LOT of trips back to Short Hills in the 70s & 80s, especially as our son grew up to visit her parents; we got instant babysitting and could take the bus into NYC for a matinee and lunch or early dinner - fun times.

Looks like TP has 'chimed in' w/ some more advice - I cannot remember 'how or when' my 'Junk' folder appeared in my Yahoo account but setting up 'junk filtering' likely initiated its presence. Again, I think some of this issue(s) is buggy software, so will await updates, as usual! Dave

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wife & I live in Winston Salem, North Carolina although I'm originally from southern Michigan, but I do have a NJ connection - she was born in Newark, grew up there and in Short Hills - we actually met at the U of Michigan in Ann Arbor - made a LOT of trips back to Short Hills in the 70s & 80s, especially as our son grew up to visit her parents; we got instant babysitting and could take the bus into NYC for a matinee and lunch or early dinner - fun times.

Looks like TP has 'chimed in' w/ some more advice - I cannot remember 'how or when' my 'Junk' folder appeared in my Yahoo account but setting up 'junk filtering' likely initiated its presence. Again, I think some of this issue(s) is buggy software, so will await updates, as usual! Dave

Thanks for all your assist Dave. Another weirdo problem that started is “sent” e- mails taking forever to show up in the “sent” folder with no attachments yet!! By the time it shows in the sent folder the person has it!! Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mark as Not Junk is not available until you mark it as Junk. For some reason email in the Junk folder seems to be Junk only after you mark it so. Perhaps it is in some kind of junk limbo. If you mark an email as Not Junk, then check it again you can mark it as Not Junk. When you do so it disappears from the Junk folder. I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if there is some obscure reasoning behind it.

On the other hand, if you Choose Edit at the top of the email list (when the Junk folder is selected), then Select All, then Mark (at the bottom) then you can change everything in the folder to Not Junk.

This with the current version of iPadiOS.

An easier way to make sure certain email addresses don’t end up in the Junk folder is to add them to the Contacts app. I have an entire group of email address called Not Junk for just this purpose.

Well twerppoet. The e mail in question “is” and has been in the contacts folder and it still goes into the junk folder occasionally. Next time it shows in the junk folder, I’ll try your above options.
Now....If I can figure out why the heck sent e mails task so long to go to the “sent” file, I’ll be doing good!! No attachments either!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s odd.

The only remaining idea I have is that email spam is handled by your email provider as well as the app. If your email provider is someone other than Apple (@icloud.com, me.com, mac.com) than reading the policies and settings for that provider might be in order. Those should be available at the provider’s webmail site and/or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts