What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heres an overlooked reason why ipad in general has 78% of the tablet market share

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
Haha yeah, I am so glad the world has moved on from tapes..... And by the way, what is 48k??

Haha! I had one of those as well......48k was the total memory size.....not the RAM, THE TOTAL MEMORY!!! By brother had a Sinclair ZX81, that had only 1k......1 kilobyte......it seems like the stone age now!

The Archangel

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Gabriel1 said:
Haha! I had one of those as well......48k was the total memory size.....not the RAM, THE TOTAL MEMORY!!! By brother had a Sinclair ZX81, that had only 1k......1 kilobyte......it seems like the stone age now!

The Archangel

ah yes, the zx81 I remember that, my bro had one too when we lived next to a computer store, god knows how old we was then lol

rubber keys.... ahhh those were the days, touch screen was more than a dream back then

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
ah yes, the zx81 I remember that, my bro had one too when we lived next to a computer store, god knows how old we was then lol

rubber keys.... ahhh those were the days, touch screen was more than a dream back then

But how did it work, that's what I can't get my head around anymore, how did it work with just 1kb!!!

The Archangel

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can remember being a young kid and my first thing resembling a computer was an Atari XE (Still have it) and can remember reading the book and "programming" setcolor 2,3,4. And getting so excited that I made the screen color change or programming sound effects and stuff on it. lol

Sparrowhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started out with the ZX80. It was the white one. There were no programs for it - you learned to write your own. I learned BASIC programming alongside my 11 year old son. He is now an electronics engineer, so he obviously learned more than I did!
To make it all come full circle, his son now plays with his mother's iPad (he's six years old) and can navigate around with ease. You should see him on Angry Birds!
I can remember back in the early eighties being asked by a shopkeeper what would be the future for these "gadgets" as far as people like him were concerned (selling radios, cameras etc.). I predicted that the future would be hand-held devices for games. Why oh why didn't I invest in Apple back then!

Denny

Attachments

• image-167511447.png
    image-167511447.png
    13 KB · Views: 157

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

1kilobyte!!! OMG I CAN HONESTLY NOT BELIEVE THAT!!

Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

Yep.

Even d0nfyxn's fake and empty iPad 2 jailbreak is 11kB in size :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:

Lol, the youth of today, you just don't know how good you have it!

I seem to remember that he could even programme some simple......very simple......games on it!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
1981! Lol.... Seems pretty cool though

Trust me, just like my brother, it was never cool but we were all amazed when he plugged it into the TV and made the screen turn from black to blue to orange. We would be laughed at now!

The Archangel

robottycoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robottycoon.com
I think many know but just dont mention it often. I know ive been told this by a lot of moms and parents i know including my sister who both her, her hubby and their 6yr old girl all have an ipad.

KIDS!!!! Its the perfect toy for kids to play with! Whether its games, movies, their kids shows in the car, educational needs, reading. You name it.

And thats why i guess apple went with a 10.9" LCD screen size. Cause anything smaller and it would be too smaller for most kids.

Yeah... I agree with you its really perfect for kids. Educational iPad games used by kids to learn more new things... iPad provides education and funny at the same time. I will share one game that suitable for kids. Its an educational game which you can learn a lot. The game called the Robot Tycoon its a new educational game that is now available on apps store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts