What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is how to transfer your Unlimited ATT data plan to your new 4G iPad

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
When you first go into setting and select Cellular data you will get this window that pops up.
81876.png

under where it says to upgrade your device on a current account, Click on the area that says "Existing iPad Customer?"
You will then be prompted to log into your ATT iPad account. Login with the info for your current account and magically your new 4G iPad will be the device active under your Unlimited Data Plan.
81839.png

As you can see you have the option to keep the unlimited plan on the new iPad 4g.

First you will need both to log onto AT&T’s website and transfer your account over to your new iPad. (If you don’t know or forgot your AT&T account password for your iPad, you can have one re-issued to you.) You will also need to know your new iPad’s IMEI and ICCID settings. These are both located in the General settings on the iPad under the About section.
  • Log on to www.att.com/ipadlanding to access your account information.
  • Click on “Edit User & Payment Information” and then select “Update Device Information”.
  • Enter in your new iPad’s IMEI and ICCID settings and click “Next”.
This process should take effect instantly and will not change or affect any other information on the plan. It has been reported that original iPad owners that have been able to retain their unlimited data plan with AT&T will be able to keep this plan at the faster 4G LTE speeds. If you are unsure or just want to talk to an AT&T before doing the transfer, you can always call 1-800-331-0500 for assistance.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This should be for those who have an iPad with a 3G account. iPhone accounts are not the same type of accounts as they include voice.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes, If you have a grandfathered unlimited iPad Data plan. This will allow you to transfer it over to your 4G iPad in effect giving unlimited 4G data.

dp118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried this today on a New iPad they've received?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Has anyone actually tried this today on a New iPad they've received?
Guy I got the screenshot from did it and it worked. He first asked ATT and they had no clue, he then purchased a new 4G Simcard from ATT to transfer the account to the new simcard type before figuring out that these simple steps could be done within the iPad itself to transfer his account to the new 4G iPad. He then did just that and returned the 4G simcard that ATT thought he would have had to purchase.

I'm waiting for my iPad to be delivered, should come at any time and once that happens I will be doing thing and post about my success of transferring my unlimited data plan....

I also just posted how to do this via ATT website. doing it via iPad would be easier.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine successfully transferred. Took the apple rep a while as they keep telling me an unlimited plan did exist. Finally they spoke with Customer Care and they got me straighten out. You can't beat unlimited 4g for $30 bucks!

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just transferred mine.

go into settings like the screenshot above and select that you have an existing account.
Sign into your account and it will pull up a list of available plans for the new iPad and unlimited for $29 is an option since you are grandfathered in.

I took of screenshot of the list of plans and it allowing you to select unlimited, ill post it once i get a chance.

PS. it looks like there is no LTE in my area (Miami,Florida). It says its connected to 4G(not LTE) network but I'm getting speeds of less then 3mbps

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about Verizon? I have an unlimited data plan on Verizon and my iPhone is on that. Can I put my 4G iPad3 on there (verizon version)?

Sorry for the thread break....

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had no issues in transferring my unlimited AT&T data plan from my iPad1 to my iPad3. Signed on when prompted and selected the unlimited plan. Took a minute or two to move over to the ipad3 and then I was in business. They sure do make this stuff easy!

Most reactions

Latest posts