What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here comes the competition...part 2

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Samsung ships over a dozen android phones with completely differing hardware all across the world, i think they can handle 2 tablets. Also, they produce like half of the hardware for the iPad and ipad2.[/QUOTE]

It isn't they can't produce several different sizes ... of course they can, but why? As a consumer wanting to make a choice. This is now much more difficult. IMHO which is all this is ... I would just select the 8.9 ... less expensive to make, a little EZr to hold, good enough size and can sell for a little less. That makes it seem to be more attractive. the 10.1 doesn't make as much sense to me. IMO.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pingles said:
I'm impressed by the hardware and when their Tablet apps catch up it will be an interesting race.

We should all be wishing them the best. The more competition Apple has the more likely we will get faster hardware and software updates.

So true. The more players in the game the better for the consumers. I love my iPad 1 but looking forward to cameras, memory card, USB, and real printing support. No way will I replace my new HP printer so that I can print from my iPad.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
When I first posted this idea, seemed okay... but, it destroys the idea of that same cover also becoming a stand. I think the stand is more important than the keyboard.
Thinking further ... IMHO Apple wanted a slick way to store the stand, plus the idea of quick on and off makes sense. Again, I think the little neoprene protective bags are very workable and keeps the mishandling issues at bay.

Oh yeah. It would kill the stand, which is a huge reason for the smart covers.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It isn't they can't produce several different sizes ... of course they can, but why? As a consumer wanting to make a choice. This is now much more difficult. IMHO which is all this is ... I would just select the 8.9 ... less expensive to make, a little EZr to hold, good enough size and can sell for a little less. That makes it seem to be more attractive. the 10.1 doesn't make as much sense to me. IMO.

Its called choice. Some people want a smaller tablet, some want a larger tablet. If I had to choose, I really don't know which one I would go with. I agree that its a LITTLE weird that the two sizes are so close to each other, but from people who have handled them, particularly Anandtech, he was MARVELING at how much better the 8.9 felt in the hand as if it was a world of difference. IDK.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts