What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helping Family Remotely

yoyochicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My grandma has a iPad for some forsaken reason. She calls me often for help and its not always easy to help her without being there. I have looked and not found an app for what I need. What I am looking for is the ability to see her iPad screen on my computer or iPad. Is there anything out there of this nature? Any help is appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My grandma has a iPad for some forsaken reason. She calls me often for help and its not always easy to help her without being there. I have looked and not found an app for what I need. What I am looking for is the ability to see her iPad screen on my computer or iPad. Is there anything out there of this nature? Any help is appreciated.

Hi Yoyochicken - welcome to the forum! :) Well LOL! Not sure if 'forsaken' is the correct term, maybe 'unexplainable', but it's a family issue obviously!

However, what you are asking in not likely possible, i.e. you want to 'see' her iPad on your computer and then control it from there - correct? This will require some type of 'remote desktop' software installed on both devices over a network (might be the internet BUT might be a local Wi-Fi connection only). As an example, I have Splashtop on my iPad 2 & on my MBPro w/ an account to their website - when signed-in I can see my laptop on my iPad but does not seem to work in the other direction?

Now my son is an IT guy in Indianapolis and he remotes to computers elsewhere in the country and can do exactly what you want to accomplish - just not sure if it's possible for you w/ your grandmother on an iPad - NOW, you can visit the App Store and search on 'remote desktop' - there will be plenty of hits - you'll have to review them and hopefully others that have faced this same situation might reply. Good luck - Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no remote control software for a stock iPad. The sandboxing of apps and Apple's policies prevent it. It's mostly about keeping the device secure.

I believe there used to be a jailbreak solution for this, but I don't know if it still exists or will work for iOS 7.

Most reactions

Latest posts