What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...!!

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys ,

Here in India it's 7:34 in the morning and I just noticed that my iPad was on the whole night as I turned the lock to never...!!

I had also plugged it in for charging the whole night...!!!

Will anything go wrong...???

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I've done a CSI Miami marathon on mine (season 1) the week after I got it and spent three weeks stuck in a chair with it plugged in 24/7 and turned on, better than a Timex, it ticks through Bluetooth speakers with great fidelity. (No, it should not be an issue, I really did torture mine like that with no issues it'll be fine)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Black_Soul33 said:
Hello guys ,

Here in India it's 7:34 in the morning and I just noticed that my iPad was on the whole night as I turned the lock to never...!!

You don't have to worry. Your iPad was plugged in so the battery didn't die and go into deep discharge. If it isn't fully charged, just put it to sleep and let it charge until it reaches 100%.

CMacDonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black_Soul33 said:
Hello guys ,

Here's my recipe for happier battery life but requires a bit of discipline: in my experience, I've found that my laptop battery (in this case, a Windows PC I use for work 8+ hours a day & which was docked/charging 7 days a week) responded very positively to being discharged (down below 10%) once a day 2 consecutive days every week. That change in the discharge/charge cycle DOUBLED the battery life from under 1 hour to just over 2 hours. I've had this work laptop for over 2 years now and the battery is still holding a charge. My previous laptop battery, which was constantly docked & charged, died after 1 year. I wonder how many battery companies would kill me (or PAY ME - I have more results) for this data.

I don't work my iPad quite that hard every day but I am planning to mimic a similar load/recharge cycle to see if it helps - hopefully extending the battery life of my beloved 15 month old iPad 2. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my 32 GB iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts