What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

director30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls I am on iPad 3 and I don't I have cydia on it in order for me to be able to get some apps I want. Pls will someone help me to know how to get this app on my iPad (cydia)? Thanks!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to iPF, are you running iOS 6 on your iPad? If you do then unfortunately there's no JB for it as yet.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
director30 said:
Pls I am on iPad 3 and I don't I have cydia on it in order for me to be able to get some apps I want. Pls will someone help me to know how to get this app on my iPad (cydia)? Thanks!

Cydia is not an app, but a feature of a jailbroken idevice. The only way to get cynical is to jailbreak you update. If you upgraded to iOS 6, you are stuck without the possibility of jail breaking until such time as a jailbreak is discovered and released.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the others said, Cydia is an "app store" for those with jail broken iPads. You can only access Cydia if your iPad is jailbroken. To learn more about jail breaking, see this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

If you have already updated to iOS 6, there is no jail break available. However, if you are on iOS 5.1.1, then you can jail break using this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts