1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by director30, Sep 19, 2012.

1. director30

director30 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pls I am on iPad 3 and I don't I have cydia on it in order for me to be able to get some apps I want. Pls will someone help me to know how to get this app on my iPad (cydia)? Thanks!
  2. SimoneLouise28

SimoneLouise28 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is your iPad 3 jailbroken at all?
  3. Bluray

Bluray iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi and welcome to iPF, are you running iOS 6 on your iPad? If you do then unfortunately there's no JB for it as yet.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,950 / 1
    Cydia is not an app, but a feature of a jailbroken idevice. The only way to get cynical is to jailbreak you update. If you upgraded to iOS 6, you are stuck without the possibility of jail breaking until such time as a jailbreak is discovered and released.
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,695 / 0
    As the others said, Cydia is an "app store" for those with jail broken iPads. You can only access Cydia if your iPad is jailbroken. To learn more about jail breaking, see this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

If you have already updated to iOS 6, there is no jail break available. However, if you are on iOS 5.1.1, then you can jail break using this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn