What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

abbieb2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and I have it in a portfolio case and recently when I move it while I'm playing on it, it will lock itself. Does anyone have any clue as to what may be going on!?

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about your case? Brand and style...is the case locking or the iPad?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to sound dumb, but check you have your case on the right way so all the holes match up, is anything touching the button on the top right?

OP
A

abbieb2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My case is an incipio case and it's a portfolio style. The iPad is locking itself without me touching it. And there is nothing in contact with any of the buttons. I can't figure it out.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some cases have a magnet in them to lock the ipad when the case is closed. There is an option in Settings to turn that feature off.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some cases, when open will lock the iPad if the magnets are positioned just right (wrong). Can be a bit aggravating.

OP
A

abbieb2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and help! I think that maybe the problem. I will look in settings and see if I can find it.

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I knew there was a good reason for getting a cover, instead, and a shoulder bag. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts