What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When setting up emails when I 1st got my iPad, I accidentally hit exchange. Ever since then I get a pop up exchange window asking me to sign in because it's incorrect. I don't have exchange and there's no account to erase because the set up was never finished. Anyone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm.

So when you got to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and look at the list of accounts you don't see any account that might be causing the issue?

MailAccounts.jpg

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's correct. Keeps popping up but there's no account to erase.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can think of two things to try.

Delete your current email account, then add it again.

and/or

Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset. This will not delete anything, but you will need to re-tweak most of your settings.

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can think of two things to try.

Delete your current email account, then add it again.

and/or

Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset. This will not delete anything, but you will need to re-tweak most of your settings.

Tried resetting, no go. I have several gmail accounts because I have my workers schedules linked up. I'd have to delete them all? Not just my main right? Thanks for suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try deleting them one at a time, to see if it works, unless you just want to get it over with. It's bound to be one of them.

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try deleting them one at a time, to see if it works, unless you just want to get it over with. It's bound to be one of them.

It has done it from the beginning. Before I had any emails linked it was doing it. I'll see what happens. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of any reason you would get this warning without an account set up.

The next time it happens, if it happens, try taking a screen shot and posting it. Maybe there is a clue hidden in the wording.

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally hit a button. That's why there's one there. This comes up all the time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Afraid I still don't have a better idea than deleting and re-adding all your accounts.

It might be an picture artifact, but it kind of looks like there might be more text in the discription box. Next time it happens try scrolling the description down. There might be a clue there.

Most reactions