What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Marilyn562

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new iPad 3 and I wanted to use it to play Facebook games and it won't open cuz I need to download adobe flash player but when I try to download it it won't work. Can someone pls help me.. :-/

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a new iPad 3 and I wanted to use it to play Facebook games and it won't open cuz I need to download adobe flash player but when I try to download it it won't work. Can someone pls help me.. :-/
you won't be able to download flash on an iPad or any Apple device as Apple don't allow it.

HI,WELCOME TO THE FORUM,HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL LINKs-

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
Forum rules - everybody please read!!
poisonivy……ipadFORUM.net staff.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a Facebook app that you can download for free, to do Facebook. Flash player doesn't work on the iPad, nor does it on the iPhone or iPod. But in the app store, they do have the same Facebook apps you can download, and hook it up to Facebook.
Remember to search before asking a question. :)

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife plays FB scrabble on her MacBook Air or my MacBookPro. When we travel she plays on an iPad2 with the Scrabble app that I purchased for $10.

She plays bridge on Yahoo which requires Flash. The iOS devices do not support so I almost bought the Always on PC ($24.99) app which, according to their web site, allows one to run Firefox or Chrome and play bridge. The app had several negative reviews so I did not purchase.

If anyone has purchased Always on PC, I would be interested in hear your opinions of this app.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Marilyn, have you tried to use a browser that helps to support Flash? I use iSwifter, seems to work well.

@ mwhartman--sorry, I haven't used the app you mentioned. Maybe others have.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn, have you tried to use a browser that helps to support Flash? I use iSwifter, seems to work well.

@ mwhartman--sorry, I haven't used the app you mentioned. Maybe others have.

Thanks for the browser tip, Skimonkey. My age is showing, I downloaded iSwifter and tried Yahoo bridge. It requires Java not Flash :eek:

yankees2998

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mwhartman said:
My wife plays FB scrabble on her MacBook Air or my MacBookPro. When we travel she plays on an iPad2 with the Scrabble app that I purchased for $10.

She plays bridge on Yahoo which requires Flash. The iOS devices do not support so I almost bought the Always on PC ($24.99) app which, according to their web site, allows one to run Firefox or Chrome and play bridge. The app had several negative reviews so I did not purchase.

If anyone has purchased Always on PC, I would be interested in hear your opinions of this app.

That app is really good I love it it's easy and faster than other

yankees2998

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't use iswifter that app is XXXXXX. It keep froze up when ever i tried to play fb game

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions