1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by rosiecheecks, Mar 20, 2012.

1. rosiecheecks

rosiecheecks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just purchased a second iPad from a friend I went to SETTINGS and went to RESET then pressed ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTING and the screen turned blacked and now it's asking to connect to iTunes.......is that normal s hat one of the steps to get the iPad ready ......when I got mines it was already turned on and ready to use
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,027 / 0
    Yes-unfortunately it is. See this-this is taken out of the IOS 5.1 iPad user manual:

Reset
    You can reset the keyboard dictionary, network settings, home screen layout, and location warnings. You can also erase all of your content and settings.

Erase all content and settings: *Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
    After confirming that you want to reset iPad, all content, your personal information, and settings are removed. It cannot be used until it’s set up again.

Sorry. I believe what you wanted was to reset your settings.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012