What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

rosiecheecks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased a second iPad from a friend I went to SETTINGS and went to RESET then pressed ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTING and the screen turned blacked and now it's asking to connect to iTunes.......is that normal s hat one of the steps to get the iPad ready ......when I got mines it was already turned on and ready to use

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes-unfortunately it is. See this-this is taken out of the IOS 5.1 iPad user manual:

Reset
You can reset the keyboard dictionary, network settings, home screen layout, and location warnings. You can also erase all of your content and settings.

Erase all content and settings: *Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
After confirming that you want to reset iPad, all content, your personal information, and settings are removed. It cannot be used until it’s set up again.

Sorry. I believe what you wanted was to reset your settings.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts