What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

REME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me to get Expat Shield Onto my IPad so I can watch BBC player here in Oz ?,
Thanks

OP
R

REME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I had come to that conclusion but hoping someone would know a way around it ???. Also does anyone know how to get the FA Community game on the iPad this weekend ???

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only games and apps available for a non-jailbroken iPad are in the Apple App Store. Nothing else can possibly be made to run on an iPad. So, if it's not in the App Store, it's simply not available.

Trying to get a PC or Mac program to run on an iPad is simply technically impossible. It's like trying to get a regular petrol/gas car/automobile to run on diesel fuel. It's impossible - there's simply no way around it.

Tim

OP
R

REME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Tim, had to go to a pub to watch the match !!!!, didn,t matter who won in the end ???.
On a different but connected matter I am informed that Hotspot shield is compatible with the iPad, so .I tried that and it downloaded OK but put the exe file into Dropbox and I can,t execute it from there ???, what I mean is, that I don,t have the knowledge so far, can anyone shed some light into my old addled brain ??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry but only programs/apps downloaded from the iPad App Store will run on the iPad. A .exe file is for a PC and simply cannot run on the iPad. It really is completely impossible. An iPad cannot load or execute a .exe file, it's a different microprocessor, different instruction set, different operating system...

Tim

Biggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re Expat Shield on an Ipad. Expat Shield cannot be installed on an IPad, however there is a free UK VPN service (just Google BestUKVPN) which you can use. This allows you to watch IPlayer outside of the UK.
Full instructions for the IPad setup are included in their FAQ section.
Their 4 digit password changes quite often so you need to bookmark their site to check it each time you log on.
It is reasonably fast - I get around 1.5 Mb download here in Spain which is just about okay for BBC IPlayer

OsabaMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you install FilmonHD app and you're good to go. Or just open their web page in Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts