1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by REME, Aug 5, 2011.

1. REME

REME iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone help me to get Expat Shield Onto my IPad so I can watch BBC player here in Oz ?,
    Thanks
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    But that program is for a PC and not an iPad. PC programs won't run on an iPad.

Tim
  3. REME

REME iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot, I had come to that conclusion but hoping someone would know a way around it ???. Also does anyone know how to get the FA Community game on the iPad this weekend ???
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    The only games and apps available for a non-jailbroken iPad are in the Apple App Store. Nothing else can possibly be made to run on an iPad. So, if it's not in the App Store, it's simply not available.

Trying to get a PC or Mac program to run on an iPad is simply technically impossible. It's like trying to get a regular petrol/gas car/automobile to run on diesel fuel. It's impossible - there's simply no way around it.

Tim
  5. REME

REME iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot Tim, had to go to a pub to watch the match !!!!, didn,t matter who won in the end ???.
    On a different but connected matter I am informed that Hotspot shield is compatible with the iPad, so .I tried that and it downloaded OK but put the exe file into Dropbox and I can,t execute it from there ???, what I mean is, that I don,t have the knowledge so far, can anyone shed some light into my old addled brain ??
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I'm sorry but only programs/apps downloaded from the iPad App Store will run on the iPad. A .exe file is for a PC and simply cannot run on the iPad. It really is completely impossible. An iPad cannot load or execute a .exe file, it's a different microprocessor, different instruction set, different operating system...

Tim
  7. Biggles

Biggles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re Expat Shield on an Ipad. Expat Shield cannot be installed on an IPad, however there is a free UK VPN service (just Google BestUKVPN) which you can use. This allows you to watch IPlayer outside of the UK.
    Full instructions for the IPad setup are included in their FAQ section.
    Their 4 digit password changes quite often so you need to bookmark their site to check it each time you log on.
    It is reasonably fast - I get around 1.5 Mb download here in Spain which is just about okay for BBC IPlayer
  8. OsabaMark

OsabaMark iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why don't you install FilmonHD app and you're good to go. Or just open their web page in Safari.