What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Wjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Is there any one that could help me? My business is running on a web base system and not all the functions is working on the different web browsers. It gives me an error code that i must use an internet browser otherwise not all the functions will not work.

Is there like an internet browser for the ipad 2 that I could use? I have already downloaded, ibrowser, fast web browser, parallels mobile, 360 web browser, super prober web browser, office flash and java and twin browser. None of these are working.

Please let me know if someone could help.

Thanks

Wjm

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ICab or atomic web browser aren't on that list.

These 2 allow you to spoof user agent into thinkin' it's another type of web browser....firefox, ie8..etc etc..
If you need browser with flash...try iswifter, skyfire...

Last edited:
OP
W

Wjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Thank you

OP
W

Wjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
ICab or atomic web browser aren't on that list.

These 2 allow you to spoof user agent into thinkin' it's another type of web browser....firefox, ie8..etc etc..
If you need browser with flash...try iswifter, skyfire...

Thanks for the reply but i have downloaded all of these app's but none is working.

OP
W

Wjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wjm said:
Hi

Is there any one that could help me? My business is running on a web base system and not all the functions is working on the different web browsers. It gives me an error code that i must use an internet browser otherwise not all the functions will not work.

Is there like an internet browser for the ipad 2 that I could use? I have already downloaded, ibrowser, fast web browser, parallels mobile, 360 web browser, super prober web browser, office flash and java and twin browser. None of these are working.

Please let me know if someone could help.

Thanks

Wjm

We have tried windown.alert, wwhich works 100%, but window.open does not. Any advice. System works on apple desktops and laptops running firefox. Please help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only scripting language that the iPad supports is javascript. If the website is using any special scripting or extensions not covered by standard HTML 5 it will not work 100%. Even a few of the newer HTML 5 standards are not fully supported yet.

This is a problem with a lot of older web app style sites. There is no good fix on the iPad side. It will have to be fixed by the sites, and probably will as they each migrate to the newer standards.

As near as I can tell Glide OS, Google Docs, and possible Microsoft Office 365 have come the closest to incorporating iPads into their web office solutions, but they still have a long way to go before the iPad can be used for more than document viewing and very minor editing and creation of documents.

Most reactions

Latest posts