What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Ipad5827

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to all o this... Got a new iPad about a month ago... And had my friend jailbreak it... I wanted to restore it to it's out of the box state and tried by holding down home button and sleep/wake button to restore it... Now my iPad is stuck on the apple logo on the center of the screen... Help me please what do I do??? FYI I don't know much about all these computer things so... Nor do I understand computer language....:(

goalweiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey man. I'm a noob around here too. Still trying to learn how to jailbreak LoL.

Anyway, I think I've heard them say something about DFU mode and then there's always the restore option in iTunes.

I wish I could be a little more helpful but I know I've read several posts about your specific issue in the Hacking forum and in the Intro forum I think.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u tried a hard reset yet? Just hold the power and home button down at the same time for 5-10 secs. Ur device should reboot and apple logo pop back up again n hopefully u good to go. If that doesn't work, then u need to put it in dfu mode and restore. Here is how to enter DFU mode when iPad plugged up to ur computer,
ENTERING IN DFU MODE
DFU Mode is all timing. Some people say count to 10 and some people say watch the on screen prompts. Well the best and easiest way to put your iPad in DFU Mode is to listen to the chimes your iPad makes when it is disconnected from your computer and when it is connected to your computer it will chime as well. When you hold the Home and Power button simultaneously your iPad will reboot itself making a chime when it disconnects from your computer, now when you hear the next chime sound, you will release the Power button immediately when you hear that second chime while continuing to hold down the Home button until the on screen message prompt says "in DFU Mode wait" then release the Home button. Then restore it thru iTunes.

Most reactions