What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!!

hoytman62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not iPad savvy. I can't get pictures from my camera's to transfer on my iPad Air. I purchased the adapter for cameras and plug them together, I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me and give me instructions? Thanks. I have 6 trail cameras and I have to open them and get the SD Cards out and put them in a computer. They have USB cords.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some cameras can import images directly to the iPad via the cable you've described. If you plug the cable into the camera and the iPad, and then turn on the camera, the Photos app will open on your iDevice, and you can start importing images.

Not all cameras support this feature. For others, you'll need a lightning to SD card camera reader. You put the SD card into the reader, which should be connected to your iPad, and the Photos app will open, allowing you to load images to your iPad.

OP
hoytman62

hoytman62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!!

OP
hoytman62

hoytman62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One set of cameras work great. I have two trail cameras that my iPad says device USB is too much power. What does that mean? How can I get it to work? Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't get it to work with the connector you're using. You need the SD card reader I've posted before.

Most reactions

Latest posts