What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

joan42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I'm using a I pad 2 and new to it can someone tell me. How to down load music from PC to iPad and how can I get them play on it.thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Joan42 - welcome to the forum! :) There are a number of options: 1) You can purchase music from the iTunes store; or 2) You can rip music to your PC computer and then transfer it via an iTunes sync - you need to explain what method(s) you want to use before more specific advise can be given - Dave

P.S. Hi Carol! - guess that we were responding @ the same time - the OP needs to provide some further information as to her understanding of the possibilities, me thinks? Dave

Last edited:
OP
J

joan42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I have some CDs that I'm going transfer to the PC then to the I pad

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I have some CDs that I'm going transfer to the PC then to the I pad

Hi again Joan - I'm assuming that you have a Windows PC? Do you have iTunes installed? Have you ripped music from your CDs to your computer (various programs can do this process)? IF you have iTunes on your PC and if you have ripped music (MP3 is the most 'open' format) to your computer, then these files can be put into your iTunes library and then transferred to your iPad in several ways - I'll stop there until you respond and we understand how far you have progressed in this process - not really that hard to do (once done, of course) - good luck and please let us know. Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Joan42 - welcome to the forum! :) There are a number of options: 1) You can purchase music from the iTunes store; or 2) You can rip music to your PC computer and then transfer it via an iTunes sync - you need to explain what method(s) you want to use before more specific advise can be given - Dave

P.S. Hi Carol! - guess that we were responding @ the same time - the OP needs to provide some further information as to her understanding of the possibilities, me thinks? Dave

Hi Dave--Well we have to start somewhere in the conversation, yes? I figured that was a good start.

Have a look at the second link I posted Joan. That may help you in addition to what Dave has provided.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

OP
J

joan42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again Joan - I'm assuming that you have a Windows PC? Do you have iTunes installed? Have you ripped music from your CDs to your computer (various programs can do this process)? IF you have iTunes on your PC and if you have ripped music (MP3 is the most 'open' format) to your computer, then these files can be put into your iTunes library and then transferred to your iPad in several ways - I'll stop there until you respond and we understand how far you have progressed in this process - not really that hard to do (once done, of course) - good luck and please let us know. Dave :)

Thanks but I think tomorrow afternoon is a better time for me to settle and focus on doing it .thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts