What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With WiFi

markism3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have version 4.3.5 OS. My iPad 1st gen lags on Wifi. I have no problems with my iPhone 4. Any suggestions?
Tx

Last edited by a moderator:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you're likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our Admin Staff, Colin wrote this....

This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

Col

col.bris, Brisbane Australia

Forum Rules. Please Read.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts