What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with WiFi Printing Epson SX425W and i pad 2

louisec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
please can someone help me I have just brought the Epson SX425W printer, Scanner and copier, but I can only get my ipad 2 to print out using the Epson iprint app. I really want to print my emails and documents off but i can not do this via the Epson iprint. When I try to print via my email it can not find the printer to print, is there something I am doing wrong??

Any help is appreciated

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Louisec - welcome to the forum! :)

There has been plenty of discussion about printing to machines not supporting Apple's Air Print (believe only HP at the moment), so some searching will help to explain the options used by many here.

For myself (and recommended on the forum a number of months ago), I am using FingerPrint (Website HERE) which allows me to easily print to my Canon Pixma MF printer - the program is downloaded and installed on the computer attached to your printer; a Wi-Fi connection is needed and the program simulates Air Print - versions are available for both the Mac & the PC (which I own) - cost for me was $10 - has worked flawlessly for many of the apps on my iPad that permit printing.

Certainly other printing apps are available - good luck in your choice(s) and hope all goes well!

OP
L

louisec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help ;0) i will let you know how I get on

mike1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant seem to print on any printer from my iPad 2. I have both. Brother printer and a modal printer. My modal printer during install said I could print from iPad not sure about brother. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mike1968 said:
I cant seem to print on any printer from my iPad 2. I have both. Brother printer and a modal printer. My modal printer during install said I could print from iPad not sure about brother. Any suggestions?

Well, if your printers are hooked up to a computer running Apple or Windows, then review my post above - there are certainly a number of options (as always, search is your friend!), but the program mentioned has worked well for me.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-1147735080.png
    image-1147735080.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 849
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts