What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Twitter and Vine/Telly videos

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am in Twitter and someone posts a video with either Vine or Telly I can see the video just fine but there is no sound with it, how can this be fixed.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try moving the side switch a few times and see what happens. Maybe this will get your sound back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unlikely, but since it happened to me today I'll mention it.

I have some bluetooth headphones, and left them turned on by accident. It took me several minutes to figure out why I couldn't hear anything in a video I was trying to play.

Since the headphones were in the other room, I turned Bluetooth off then on again to break the connection; then listened to the silly video.

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlikely, but since it happened to me today I'll mention it.

I have some bluetooth headphones, and left them turned on by accident. It took me several minutes to figure out why I couldn't hear anything in a video I was trying to play.

Since the headphones were in the other room, I turned Bluetooth off then on again to break the connection; then listened to the silly video.

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Volume limit is set. Never have the bluetooth on but I turned it on and off and still no luck. I had this problem before any of the recent ios updates so I know its not that either. It's just frustating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, here's something else you've probably tried, but hasn't been mentioned yet. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Twitter app, or whatever app you use for Twitter?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably still covering stuff you know, but to continue:

I read back through the thread. Johanna had you try the side switch, but I don't think we confirmed whether it was set to Mute or Rotation Lock.

In Settings > General > Use Side Switch To: it can be set to either of these. If it is set to Lock Rotation then the Mute function goes to the Control Panel where it will be a bell icon; and vice versa.

Mute does not normally affect video and audio apps, but it can. It all depends on the developer.

The Mute/Switch function has also been known to get locked up, where the switch stops working properly. If I remember correctly the way to fix it is to change the setting for the switch, do a reset, then change it back. You might have to do it more than once.

You do a reset by pressing the home and power buttons at the same time, until you see the Apple Logo.

OP
M

murphzmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what I did I messed around with a lot of different things in all the settings but it works now!! Thank you for all of your help and suggestions :)

Most reactions

Latest posts