1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help with Slow Transfer Speed

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by dragon499, Aug 10, 2013.

1. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'm not sure in what forum this belongs, but I'll give it a shot here:

My iPad 4 is jai broken and I use Windows Filesystem to drag and drop files between my (Windows 7 64 Bit) PC and the iPad. The problem is that the transfer speed is SLOW. My Netgear router can support 100mbs, although the setup is configured for a max of 54 MBS. Over my Wifi, when I copy large videos from the camera roll folder onto my PC, I never get more than 1.15 MBS and have been as slow as 965 KBS? Why is this transfer speed so slow? What can I do to speed it up?

Thanks
  2. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    Since you're jailbroken and have root access, you can use iFunBox or utilities like it to transfer your files/data over via USB cable, which is significantly faster than via Wifi and doesn't rely on your connection.