What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with slow ipad and frequent crashes

lynn0971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to figure out what apps are making my iPad slow and crash so much?
I have 16gb available storage and 12.6gb being used.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thx!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to figure out what apps are making my iPad slow and crash so much?

Thx!

Your problems with crashing apps are more likely to be caused by the fact that the iPad 1 has the smallest RAM of all the iPads, at 256MB. You can minimize the problem by closing out the apps in the multi tasking bar, only keeping open the app you are actually using.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have iPad 1 and i can honestly say its about time the iPad 1 was sold and i bought a new one because it cannot handle a lot of things safari is always crashing for no reason about 10 apps are just about working out of all the apps that i have on my iPad 1 i am going to wait until they release iPad 5 then i would buy that one but i am going to buying the smallest one they do because i will be streaming all my data to my iPad i wont be storing all data on my iPad at all to save space and to save money too

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thx!

Hey,

I might have a solution to your problem...
Is your iPad jailbroken?

André

Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do jailbreak your iPad i can tell you some things you can do so apps don't crash that often.

André

Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started with Macs back in 1986 (geezer) and this reminds me of the utility that came with early Mac system software. Can't really recall its name (System Utilities?) but it allowed a user to go into the system files and change appearances and other customization tricks. Think I'll pass on the jail break thing. I'm pretty satisfied with the way my original iPad is working now that I've learned to control certain aspects of the system. I'll read through the explanation though. It's pretty long.

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem with my ipad1..

Most reactions

Latest posts