What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with set up

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I have the same problem. I get the image of plug in to iTunes, please help, what to try next.

[/FONT]

Umm..maybe you can try plugging it in to itunes? ;)

Mishka above just gave a good reply ..try that and call apple if you still don't get it

fhlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello... I just got my iPad... I'm not sure if Apple did idiot proof testing, but maybe they didn't get an idiot enuf tester ... I have the same problem. Took the iPad off the box, plug in power cable, press the on button on the top. Then there is a little Apple logo (silver) in the center of the screen, then there is this iTune logo with a USB cable pointing to it. And then nothing else... it just stuck there. No matter what I do ... It's an iPad 64Gb 3G if it make any difference...

fhlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to Setup a new iPad

Wow... I figured out how it works.... Apple should stick a sticker on the iPad screen telling ppl what to do next.

After you take the iPad off the box,
1. Charge it a little bit with the power adapter (just in case the battery is completely empty).
2. On your Mac or PC, you MUST download the iTunes software ON YOUR Mac/PC first from www . itunes . com / download (please remove the spaces)
3. Then plug in the USB cable from your iPad to your Mac/PC
4. and run the iTune program and switch on the iPad.

If you don't connect the iPad to your Mac/PC (with the iTunes software) and switch on the iPad, all you will get on display is just an iTunes logo with a USB cable pointing to it... not very helpful at all!

Hope this helps other ppl ...

Most reactions