Help with reseting my cellular data account

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Mike-e, May 14, 2011.

1. Mike-e

Mike-e iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I cant seem to remember whats the email or password that I used to update my cellular data account.. I do only have 2 emails and it tells me none of the emails are valid. I went to the att website and it said the same thing. My email doesnt match eith the cellular number they give you. Is there anyway I can reset all of this and start all over again with my correct email and password?
  2. azntrinityxq

azntrinityxq iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Call AT&T and ask for ipad support: 1-800-331-0500

Tell them your issue and ask them to access your account.
  3. KJSmitty

KJSmitty iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That's because I hacked your account and am currently typing this via your 3G bandwidth....... :)

Just kidding obviously.. I had this happen to mine awhile back as well. I ended up performing an iPad reset for other reasons yet it came back fine??

Not recommending you do that unless you have a need but I never knew why the account login info got corrupted(?) like it did.

I too would probably talk to AT&T first.
  4. Mike-e

Mike-e iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did a full reset and all it does is ask me to log in again. I would think it would come like it was when I got it from apple where it ask's you to put the credit card information. I was thinking about doing a restore but then if I do I have to update it and if they come out with a way to jailbreak I wont be able to it. Im on 4.3 right now. Anyways Im going to give Att a call or go down to the store. Thanks for your helps guys.. I appreciate it..
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Just one other possibility - if you're doing this via your iPad, remember that the iPad has the tendancy to automatically capitalise the first letter of what it perceives to be a new sentence. If you email address - or more probably your password - is all lower case, then you can type them in without noticing that the iPad has inserted a capital letter at the beginning of the password - most of which are case sensitive.

Tim