What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with odd activity on itunes

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi folks, for some weirded up reason, when I connected my ipad & iPhone after also to my pc each device presented a message saying they'd been synced with another iTunes account, .

This must be impossible as both devices are brand new from apple, and have never been anywhere near any other pc except my own! , looking through my iTunes all my apps , films , books , music notes etc had completely disappeared . I backed up my devices and salvaged I assume all my apps, but app data had been deleted, such as levels completed in games, downloaded videos etc. this for me is very odd, and I don't understand how or even why this has happened . It has done it both on my ipad and iPhone .

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

D

dvdcatalyst

If you look (on your iPad) in settings > iTunes & App Stores, does your apple ID match that of the one in iTunes (in the menu, Store > view my account (.....))?

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes , both the same as my itunes on pc , this is what i dont understand , i noticed something wasnt right when itunes on the pc didnt show any of my content

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

D

dvdcatalyst

Yes , both the same as my itunes on pc , this is what i dont understand , i noticed something wasnt right when itunes on the pc didnt show any of my content

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

that is weird.

When you try and download something you haven't done before, like a free app or something, on your iPad, and then visit the same app on your computer, does it show/tell you if you already got it or not?

D

dvdcatalyst

a week or so ago, someone ran into sort of similar complications with adding digital copies to a reinstalled iTunes, it didn't work until another digital copy was activated. After that, the rest of them worked again as well.

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats whats so odd , there was nothing on my itunes at all! I had updated to 10.7 which went seamless as it kept all data inc apps , but
then i just went and plugged ipad & iphone in a showed up empty itunes saying both devices had been synced with a different account! Ive only ever had one account !

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll have a look tomorrow and try downloading an app through itunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts