What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with iTunes download

abrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me please? I have an iPad and an iPhone4 3G. A few days ago I downloaded an audiobook from iTunes to my iPhone. I listened to it, backed up to iTunes (and I also use iCloud) and although it still shows om my iPhone, it's nowhere to be found on my iPad. I don't have a Mac computer (an HP laptop running Windows Vista) but I understood that once I installed iCloud on all my devices it would be available on them all?

I looked in iTunes so that I could download it again but it wants me to pay again. I did a search on my iPad for the audiobook but it doesn't appear anywhere. Can anyone offer any advice please? Thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Audiobooks are not one of the media types that are currently pay once, download forever. The are also not one of the types that automatically download to other devices (if that is set up). Since they still show up in the Music app, it is easy to see why you might make that assumption.

To get your audiobook(s) onto the iPad you will have to sync through iTunes. It is under the Books sync settings in iTunes, when your device is connected and selected. Place saving between the devices is also dependent on iTunes syncing. Unlike iBooks, it will not happen automatically through iCloud.

All in all, audiobooks haven't made the jump to iCloud yet. I imagine it has something to do with getting the rights. I've heard that Audible.com and Apple had a recent falling out.

OP
A

abrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank so much! I THOUGHT I had backed up to iTunes but it turns out I had only backed up to iCloud. It is now visible on my iPad. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts