What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with iTeleport/VNC

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got everything set up. I can connect to my computer no problem. However, the controls are way off...so I can't do things like input stuff into the browser because the cursor on my iPad is no where near where it is on the computer. So as I am sitting here I can do it if I watch the PC's screen, but if I was say, out of town, I couldn't click on anything reliably.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look for the fast refresh setting, and maybe play around with colors.

It did take me a little tweaking.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, anyone else have some advice, I can't seem to get it to work :(

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, I just tested mine again, and there is like zero lag. You on wifi or 3G? Windows or Mac?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi and Windows. It's not lag, it's that the cursor on the iPad is completely different than the one on the actual machine. So in a sense I am using a cursor on the iPad to control a cursor on the machine rather than just controlling the cursor on the machine.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So like, if you weren't looking you would click the wrong place? Are you running two monitors, and if so, are the different resolutions?

Hm, no idea, but if we keep tossing ideas around, something will click.

FWIW, mine works 100%.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No to the monitors.

As simple as I can put it, the iPad iTeleport CREATES it's own cursor. That cursor starts in the center of the screen. It controls ANOTHER cursor, the actual cursor. They are not lined up. So without the cursors being lined up, it would literally be like trying to highlight text with the monitor turned off.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange. Keep in mind that iTeleport was originally designed for Mac so they may still be working out kinks in the Windows formats. I use it for Mac and have used it on my iPhone for a few years over both wifi and 3G and don't experience any issues.

Submit a report to their customer service team.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use mine on Windows.

Do you have some exotic mouse or display driver/software running?

Sorry you're having problemsnwith it, I think I wouldn't enjoy my iPad as much without this feature.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled...and it's kinda working...the pointer is on to where it should be...the only issue how is that where the cursor is on my iPad, is about 3 inches from where my finger is. But more usable now.

Most reactions

Latest posts