What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with iPad sync

Debby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a lot of info in my iPad Notes and wanted to sync it to my Mac. Now none of the notes are on my iPad they are gone and they are not in my Mac either. I looked for them in Mail and they are not there. I did a test by making another note in Notes and sync it and it showed up in mail on my Mac and was also still on my iPad. I don't know what I did wrong but I think that all my info is gone.

Before syncing the Notes I transferred some photos from my Mac to my iPad and that worked fine.

Can anyone help with this?

Debby:mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you tuned on note syncing, in iTunes or in the mail account settings on the iPad? If it was through your mail account settings then your old notes are probably still there.

Look at the top of the note's list. Do you have an Accounts button now? If so tap on it and you should find your local iPad notes under On My iPad.

I don't know what syncing through iTunes will do, but check anyway. Maybe they are there.

OP
D

Debby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the syncing thru iTunes. Twerppoet were you talking about going to settings on the iPad and going to mail? I tried looking there and also mail on my Mac and just can't find it. Very frustrating as I am a hairstylist and had all of my clients info. color formulas in Notes. I do have another old organizer that has some of the info. I just wish I would have tried this out before to see how it worked. I was so happy though because I moved some pictures and they turned out fine.

I guess that I will just have to call Apple Monday and see if they can talk me through it. If not I will have to input everything all over again.

Thanks for your help. :)

Debby

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are it is gone. Did you look in the Notes app for the account button I mentioned?

See the attached picture to see what I mean. If you have one, tap it and you will see at least one other folder that may have notes in it.

Attachments

• image-730175860.png
    image-730175860.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 213

Most reactions