What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With Installing PKGBackup

omoto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I'm writing this in the right place considering, structure wise, ipads, ipods and iphones are all the same thing.

I've been having the same problem with my jailbreaked ipod touch for the passed week. I jailbreaked it with the most recent version of Absinthe and found that pkgbackup always opens slightly and then immediately closes. I went to upgrade it, but I'm always getting a "Size mismatch" error. I saw that a few of you said to be patient considering there is a lot of bandwidth being transferred back and forth, but the problem I'm having until the server works is getting the program to work. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, but it didn't help....do you have any suggestions?

I uploaded a screen picture of the error I'm getting to make it easier to diagnose if it's different than what everyone else is getting.
IMG_0438.PNG

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved this post to it's own thread as it appeared to have gotten buried in another.

I don't know why you are receiving that error. The only time I've seen that error was when I was trying to install an iPad version of a theming tweak onto the iPad. Turns out that the tweak just didn't work on the iPad - I had to get the iPhone version.

That said, PKGBackup is a universal tweak that runs on my iPhone and iPad (I don't have an iPod to check). So, I can't help with that. I make the assumption you are downloading it from the BigBoss repo - have you contacted the developer for assistance?

That's the only suggestion I can think of - contact the developer or keep trying the download. Hopefully, someone else will be along that can assist. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
O

omoto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I contacted the individual I got the program from and am waiting on a response from them. Once I get a reply, then I'll write it here if someone else has the same problem :)

OP
O

omoto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an answer from the individual about the app. Unfortunately, to tell you the truth, talking to the guy is like talking to obama while getting the "Uh's" and "Uht-uh-uh....well....uh" while he does a song and dance speech to prevent himself from answering the question while buying enough time to think of a lie. I'm not trying to be insulting, that's what it was like if others think of contacting him. Three e-mails were sent back and forth asking him why it kept crashing. He refused to answer me and accused me of piracy and claimed his family of three children would starve if I didn't buy it. I told him that I wanted to update it to the most recent version to fix the crashing (Which I can't,) but again, he said, "Update it and tell me if it still crashes." So, unfortunately (Like calling aol,) I can't get an answer to even help others on here.

OP
O

omoto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're talking about sources, it's from bigboss.

Pay no attention to the 5.1.5 version that is out now. Since the guy didn't read my question correctly and refused to answer it, he made a 5.1.5 version after the recent 5.1.4 that was out before instead of answering why the previous one I have wasn't unable to download and upgrade.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean, pay no attention to it? It is the latest version and as such is the only one you can install now. You can't ignore it.

5.1.5 downloaded no problems from bigboss for me. No errors. Just a normal installation.

Most reactions

Latest posts