What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with FaceTime

Bandoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have tried everything, face time won't allow me to connect and techs can't help....even restored and net works fine have apps on with no trouble. Just says "cannot detect network; Any input appreciated and Ty

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bandoni said:
Have tried everything, face time won't allow me to connect and techs can't help....even restored and net works fine have apps on with no trouble. Just says "cannot detect network; Any input appreciated and Ty

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

First thing I can think of is are you on wifi as FaceTime will only work over wifi.
If you are and that's not it close the FaceTime app completely. Do the four finger swipe up to reveal your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press the facetime app until it starts to jiggle and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close it not delete it. Check and see if it is operating now. Let us know how you go.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all welcome to the Forum!

Do you have an ipad2? As the iPad doesn't have a camera and hence you wouldn't be able to use FaceTime
Let us know.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cyberjunkie09 said:
I have an ipad2 and all the ads say the camera is built in!!

Yes they are and it has 2 cameras front and back. You should be able to see the camera icon as it's a stock standard app as is FaceTime which came with IOS5. Can you give me more information on what's happening. Have a look at what version you're on too, Settings - General - About and look for version. Let us know.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you upgrade to 5.0.1 which is the version that Apple has now you will have FaceTime as a stock app as well as a host of other features too. Some things will change like Safari which has changed its browser to the more conventional one, the iPod app will also be replaced with the music app. I tell you this only as some members have been disappointed by these changes. Personally I feel the upgrade well worth it for all the other features you will receive. The upgrade is free in case you're wondering and we can give you guides on how to do it. Have you been able to locate your Camera app? Let us know what you would like to do.

cyberjunkie09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
If you upgrade to 5.0.1 which is the version that Apple has now you will have FaceTime as a stock app as well as a host of other features too. Some things will change like Safari which has changed its browser to the more conventional one, the iPod app will also be replaced with the music app. I tell you this only as some members have been disappointed by these changes. Personally I feel the upgrade well worth it for all the other features you will receive. The upgrade is free in case you're wondering and we can give you guides on how to do it. Have you been able to locate your Camera app? Let us know what you would like to do.

Have upgraded but still no camera or FaceTime

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't understand this, have a look at your iPad when holding in portrait mode do you have a little black hole at the top in the middle and when you turn your iPad around you see the camera lens top left. Let us know

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some countries, like the UAE, don't allow FaceTime, so it will won't show in those places. Some company-issued iPads also have FaceTime disabled.

Some people also have had FaceTime probs related to their Restrictions settings on iPad. That's separate from making sure that you've got FaceTime set to on in Settings.

anthonynoble7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I need help. I have an ipad2 and my kids have iPhone 4. They live in UK but we cant FaceTime them. They are using my apple ID and email address as they are 14 and 11 yrs old. Do they need their own address and ID or can they use mine. They are on WIFI in their boarding house. Please help we want to speak to them.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Hi I need help. I have an ipad2 and my kids have iPhone 4. They live in UK but we cant FaceTime them. They are using my apple ID and email address as they are 14 and 11 yrs old. Do they need their own address and ID or can they use mine. They are on WIFI in their boarding house. Please help we want to speak to them.

They need their own appleID

Sent from The Droid ... The one you were looking for...

Most reactions

Latest posts